Pass your CCNA 1 v7 certification effortlessly with our accurate and insightful CCNA 1 v7 Modules 14 – 15 Exam Answers.
CCNA 1 v7 Modules 14 – 15 Exam Answers
A PC that is communicating with a web server has a TCP window size of 6,000 bytes when sending data and a packet size of 1,500 bytes. Which byte of information will the web server acknowledge after it has received two packets of data from the PC?
A PC that is communicating with a web server has a TCP window size of 6,000 bytes when sending data and a packet size of 1,500 bytes. Which byte of information will the web server acknowledge after it has received three packets of data from the PC?
A PC that is communicating with a web server has a TCP window size of 6,000 bytes when sending data and a packet size of 1,500 bytes. Which byte of information will the web server acknowledge after it has received four packets of data from the PC?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting TFTP service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting FTP service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting SSH service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting HTTP service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting POP3 service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting telnet service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting SNMP service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting SMTP service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
A client creates a packet to send to a server. The client is requesting HTTPS service. What number will be used as the destination port number in the sending packet?
Which action is performed by a client when establishing communication with a server via the use of UDP at the transport layer?
- The client sets the window size for the session.
- The client sends an ISN to the server to start the 3-way handshake.
- The client randomly selects a source port number.
- The client sends a synchronization segment to begin the session.
Which transport layer feature is used to guarantee session establishment?
- UDP ACK flag
- TCP 3-way handshake
- UDP sequence number
- TCP port number
What is the complete range of TCP and UDP well-known ports?
- 0 to 255
- 0 to 1023
- 256 – 1023
- 1024 – 49151
What is a socket?
- the combination of the source and destination IP address and source and destination Ethernet address
- the combination of a source IP address and port number or a destination IP address and port number
- the combination of the source and destination sequence and acknowledgment numbers
- the combination of the source and destination sequence numbers and port numbers
A PC is downloading a large file from a server. The TCP window is 1000 bytes. The server is sending the file using 100-byte segments. How many segments will the server send before it requires an acknowledgment from the PC?
- 1 segment
- 10 segments
- 100 segments
- 1000 segments
Which factor determines TCP window size?
- the amount of data to be transmitted
- the number of services included in the TCP segment
- the amount of data the destination can process at one time
- the amount of data the source is capable of sending at one time
What does a client do when it has UDP datagrams to send?
- It just sends the datagrams.
- It queries the server to see if it is ready to receive data.
- It sends a simplified three-way handshake to the server.
- It sends to the server a segment with the SYN flag set to synchronize the conversation.
Which three fields are used in a UDP segment header? (Choose three.)
- Window Size
- Source Port
- Acknowledgment Number
- Sequence Number
What are two roles of the transport layer in data communication on a network? (Choose two.)
- identifying the proper application for each communication stream
- tracking the individual communication between applications on the source and destination hosts
- providing frame delimiting to identify bits making up a frame
- performing a cyclic redundancy check on the frame for errors
- providing the interface between applications and the underlying network over which messages are transmitted
What information is used by TCP to reassemble and reorder received segments?
- port numbers
- sequence numbers
- acknowledgment numbers
- fragment numbers
What important information is added to the TCP/IP transport layer header to ensure communication and connectivity with a remote network device?
- timing and synchronization
- destination and source port numbers
- destination and source physical addresses
- destination and source logical network addresses
Which two characteristics are associated with UDP sessions? (Choose two.)
- Destination devices receive traffic with minimal delay.
- Transmitted data segments are tracked.
- Destination devices reassemble messages and pass them to an application.
- Received data is unacknowledged.
- Unacknowledged data packets are retransmitted.
A client application needs to terminate a TCP communication session with a server. Place the termination process steps in the order that they will occur. (Not all options are used.)
Which flag in the TCP header is used in response to a received FIN in order to terminate connectivity between two network devices?
Which protocol or service uses UDP for a client-to-server communication and TCP for server-to-server communication?
What is a characteristic of UDP?
- UDP datagrams take the same path and arrive in the correct order at the destination.
- Applications that use UDP are always considered unreliable.
- UDP reassembles the received datagrams in the order they were received.
- UDP only passes data to the network when the destination is ready to receive the data.
What kind of port must be requested from IANA in order to be used with a specific application?
- registered port
- private port
- dynamic port
- source port
Which three application layer protocols use TCP? (Choose three.)
Which three statements characterize UDP? (Choose three.)
- UDP provides basic connectionless transport layer functions.
- UDP provides connection-oriented, fast transport of data at Layer 3.
- UDP relies on application layer protocols for error detection.
- UDP is a low overhead protocol that does not provide sequencing or flow control mechanisms.
- UDP relies on IP for error detection and recovery.
- UDP provides sophisticated flow control mechanisms.
Which two fields are included in the TCP header but not in the UDP header? (Choose two.)
- source port
- destination port
- sequence number
Which field in the TCP header indicates the status of the three-way handshake process?
- control bits
Why does HTTP use TCP as the transport layer protocol?
- to ensure the fastest possible download speed
- because HTTP is a best-effort protocol
- because transmission errors can be tolerated easily
- because HTTP requires reliable delivery
Which two types of applications are best suited for UDP? (Choose two.)
- applications that need data flow control
- applications that require reliable delivery
- applications that handle reliability themselves
- applications that need the reordering of segments
- applications that can tolerate some data loss, but require little or no delay
How are port numbers used in the TCP/IP encapsulation process?
- Source port numbers and destination port numbers are not necessary when UDP is the transport layer protocol being used for the communication.
- Source port and destination port numbers are randomly generated.
- If multiple conversations occur that are using the same service, the source port number is used to track the separate conversations.
- Destination port numbers are assigned automatically and cannot be changed.
In what two situations would UDP be better than TCP as the preferred transport protocol? (Choose two.)
- when applications need to guarantee that a packet arrives intact, in sequence, and unduplicated
- when a faster delivery mechanism is needed
- when delivery overhead is not an issue
- when applications do not need to guarantee delivery of the data
- when destination port numbers are dynamic
What are three responsibilities of the transport layer? (Choose three.)
- meeting the reliability requirements of applications, if any
- multiplexing multiple communication streams from many users or applications on the same network
- identifying the applications and services on the client and server that should handle transmitted data
- directing packets towards the destination network
- formatting data into a compatible form for receipt by the destination devices
- conducting error detection of the contents in frames
Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
- The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
- The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
- The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
- The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
- All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
- Only the DHCP server receives the message.
Which two protocols may devices use in the application process that sends email? (Choose two.)
What is true about the Server Message Block protocol?
- Different SMB message types have a different format.
- Clients establish a long term connection to servers.
- SMB messages cannot authenticate a session.
- SMB uses the FTP protocol for communication.
What is the function of the HTTP GET message?
- to request an HTML page from a web server
- to send error information from a web server to a web client
- to upload content to a web server from a web client
- to retrieve client email from an email server using TCP port 110
Which OSI layer provides the interface between the applications used to communicate and the underlying network over which messages are transmitted?
Which networking model is being used when an author uploads one chapter document to a file server of a book publisher?
What do the client/server and peer-to-peer network models have in common?
- Both models have dedicated servers.
- Both models support devices in server and client roles.
- Both models require the use of TCP/IP-based protocols.
- Both models are used only in the wired network environment.
In what networking model would eDonkey, eMule, BitTorrent, Bitcoin, and LionShare be used?
What is a common protocol that is used with peer-to-peer applications such as WireShare, Bearshare, and Shareaza?
What is a key characteristic of the peer-to-peer networking model?
- wireless networking
- social networking without the Internet
- network printing using a print server
- resource sharing without a dedicated server
The application layer of the TCP/IP model performs the functions of what three layers of the OSI model? (Choose three.)
- data link
What is an example of network communication that uses the client-server model?
- A user uses eMule to download a file that is shared by a friend after the file location is determined.
- A workstation initiates an ARP to find the MAC address of a receiving host.
- A user prints a document by using a printer that is attached to a workstation of a coworker.
- A workstation initiates a DNS request when the user types www.cisco.com in the address bar of a web browser.
Which layer in the TCP/IP model is used for formatting, compressing, and encrypting data?
- network access
What is an advantage of SMB over FTP?
- Only with SMB can data transfers occur in both directions.
- Only SMB establishes two simultaneous connections with the client, making the data transfer faster.
- SMB is more reliable than FTP because SMB uses TCP and FTP uses UDP.
- SMB clients can establish a long-term connection to the server.
A manufacturing company subscribes to certain hosted services from its ISP. The services that are required include hosted world wide web, file transfer, and e-mail. Which protocols represent these three key applications? (Choose three.)
Which application layer protocol uses message types such as GET, PUT, and POST?
What type of information is contained in a DNS MX record?
- the FQDN of the alias used to identify a service
- the IP address for an FQDN entry
- the domain name mapped to mail exchange servers
- the IP address of an authoritative name server
Which three protocols operate at the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
Which protocol is used by a client to communicate securely with a web server?
Which applications or services allow hosts to act as client and server at the same time?
- client/server applications
- email applications
- P2P applications
- authentication services
What are two characteristics of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose two.)
- one way data flow
- decentralized resources
- centralized user accounts
- resource sharing without a dedicated server
Which scenario describes a function provided by the transport layer?
- A student is using a classroom VoIP phone to call home. The unique identifier burned into the phone is a transport layer address used to contact another network device on the same network.
- A student is playing a short web-based movie with sound. The movie and sound are encoded within the transport layer header.
- A student has two web browser windows open in order to access two web sites. The transport layer ensures the correct web page is delivered to the correct browser window.
- A corporate worker is accessing a web server located on a corporate network. The transport layer formats the screen so the web page appears properly no matter what device is being used to view the web site.
Which three layers of the OSI model provide similar network services to those provided by the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- physical layer
- session layer
- transport layer
- application layer
- presentation layer
- data link layer